Latest news

Australia keen on clean sweeping New Zealand: Marsh

December 8, 2016 at 5:38 am

MELBOURNE: Australia will not be taking their collective foot off the gas in Friday´s third one-day international against New Zealand in Melbourne, despite it being a dead rubber, according to all-rounder Mitchell Marsh.

Marsh clubbed an impressive 76 not out from 40 balls in the second game in Canberra on Tuesday as Steve Smith´s side scored 378 for five.

They then dismissed New Zealand for 262 in 47.2 overs to take a 2-0 lead in the three-match series.

“We´re representing our country in the series and we want to win 3-0,” said Marsh, who was part of the side swept 5-0 in South Africa and knows the dent in confidence that can bring.

Despite his own return to form in Canberra, Marsh felt that would not be enough to earn a recall for the test series against Pakistan.

“I´m not in a rush to get back in the test side,” said the 25-year-old, who was dropped from the side after scoring 0 and 26 in the first test match against South Africa in Perth last month.

“But I know that I´ve got to score runs to get back, so that´s all I want to do.

“The innings at Manuka Oval showcased how dangerous he could be as he belted seven sixes, including three in the final over from Matt Henry, and he felt an aggressive approach may help him in future.

“When you´re not scoring runs, you tend to try play with things in the nets to try and make something work,” he said.

“I think in red ball cricket, over the last couple of years, I probably haven´t played my natural game.

“For me, I´m a hitter of the cricket ball.

Probably over the next few months, I´m just going to bat like that and really back myself.

“I might get out a few ugly ways at times but I feel like it´s going to give me the best chance to score runs and score big runs.

“Despite his pessimism about earning a recall for the series against Pakistan, which starts with a day-night test at the Gabba in Brisbane on Dec.

15, he still held out hopes of being named for the tour of India next February.

“I´ve obviously got the (Twenty20) Big Bash but throughout that period, you´ve got a lot of time to work on your game so I´ll certainly be doing that,” he said.

“Hopefully in the second half of the year when I get a chance in the (Sheffield) Shield, I can perform.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

Decision being announced in an
ISLAMABAD: Ex-prime minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday said that decisions against him are being announced in anger, revenge and are person specific. Talking to media outside the accountability cour...
February 22, 2018 Read More
Cm alleges federal govt of ste
KARACHI: Sindh Chief Miniser Syed Murad Ali Shah Thursday gave guidelines to his team to control non-development expenditures and asked to increase an allocation in social sector. He recommended th...
February 22, 2018 Read More
Khan attempts to reignite cont
The day after his arch-rival, the erstwhile chief of the PML-N Nawaz Sharif, was ousted from his party's presidency, Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan asked why an enquiry report on a co...
February 22, 2018 Read More
PML-N’s Senate nominees
ISLAMABAD: All Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) candidates, who had filed nomination papers for March 3 Senate polls singed by former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, would be considered as independen...
February 22, 2018 Read More
Pak condemns India over ceasef
ISLAMABAD: One person was martyred in unprovoked firing by the Indian troops across Line of Control in Rawalakot/Satwal Sector on Thursday. According to a statement issued by the Foreign Office, th...
February 22, 2018 Read More
Army kills two indian soldiers
Islamabad - Pakistan Army has killed two Indian soldiers, moments after a boy was martyred along the Line of Control (LoC). “Pakistan Army troops neutralised Indian post which targeted a minor al...
February 19, 2018 Read More
Sindh cabinet takes important
KARACHI: Sindh Cabinet after thoroughly discussions have taken some important decisions which include of Sindh Accountability Agency, repeal of removal from Service Ordinance, enhancement of different...
February 19, 2018 Read More
SC issues show-cause notice to
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court issued on Monday a show-cause notice to Federal Privatisation Minister Daniyal Aziz in the contempt of court case against him. A three-member bench headed by Justice Sh...
February 19, 2018 Read More